Communities@Work provides a broad suite of quality community programs of social value and practical benefit. Our vision is for a resilient and socially inclusive community that cares for the well-being of all.
Established and developed in Canberra, we deliver services to more than 20,000 people annually, including children's and seniors' services, disability and mental health services, social programs and other community services.
We contribute positively to the health and vitality of our community by:
- providing a safe, stimulating environment for the nurture and education of young people
- helping vulnerable and at-risk youth overcome challenges and realise their full potential
- providing support to families and individuals experiencing difficulties or hardship
- assisting the frail aged and people with disabilities to lead independent and fruitful lives
- enhancing the social inclusion of people disconnected from the community
- managing community facilities and providing a range of recreational and social activities
- offering nationally accredited training and professional learning for children’s services staff
- providing a diverse range of rewarding employment and volunteering opportunities.